Saturday, May 3, 2008

WOW!!!

Today my favorite color is Green. Wow! is all that I can say. We've had a bit of rain the past few days and it has transformed Toledo. I am in such awe of the photosynthesis taking place.
I certainly miss the mountains back in Utah, but Utah cannot offer anything as incredible as the spring that Toledo has produced. Just take a look at these two pictures. They are taken of Zeb in the exact same spot at Swan Creek Park three weeks apart. The first is in April- just as the snow had melted away. The second is today- after a few good showers. It looks like a different planet!!!! It really was such a fabulous day to go running. The smells were so refreshing- and the ground had the perfect bounce to it.

Can you believe how different they are? The trees are so amazing here. The green is so brilliant! There are Magnolias in full bloom all over the city! You can smell lilacs (thanks to the humidity) just about anywhere you go- and surprisingly my allergies aren't bad at all compared to Utah. If the temperatures could only stay this manageable all summer long.

9 comments:

Linz said...

Holy crow!! I can't believe how GREEN it is!!! Wow! (I can't say anything else either!!)

tiffany said...

wow that is so pretty when i was in colorado i was amazed at how green it was there (being from vegas and all) when i got home my second companion came to visit from washington state and told me that she understood why i was so suprised with how green colorado is she learned quick that vegas is all brown

Deneal said...

Breathtaking! That is really a stark difference. Great job capturing the quick change in photos.

Rachael said...

That is the best part of spring - it takes forever to get to that point, but when it's here it's really here. And it's that same moment that I realize i love living in Seattle. Everything's on the cusp right now and in just a few weeks we'll be living in the Emerald City again! I can't wait. I love the pictures of the difference on your run. Great idea! Happy running, if there's such a thing. :)

Emilee said...

I love Ohio springs and falls! The green and blossoms of the spring, and the amazing colors of the falls. Perfect weather, too.

Gio, Tasha, and Bella said...

I love how green it is. It reminds me a lot of how it is in Oregon. Its amazing how it changed so fast.
-Natasha

Amy and Craig said...

yeah, the electric green is something to behold! It's too bad that you'll be in UT for all of June and then back in July because when you get back it's going to be sweaty and stiffling. the week of fourth of July is like a sauna. But it is super thick with fireflies and that is cool! just like the rescuers movie!

Lyndsay said...

We went on a walk last night and I was in HEAVEN! I love the smells and how green it is! Sorry, Utah, you can't duplicate this stuff.
I hope it lasts....

Unknown said...

It looks like it was warmer in April though. Let's see how much you love Toledo in July/August.
Then you'll be wanting the dry heat of Utah.

See you soon. We bought your rugrat a Pack and Play!