Thursday, May 29, 2008

Lt. Miller

This is an e-mail that I got from kent today! He is super busy and sends me snippets of info whenever he can. The e-mail may seem a little disjointed - but I've sent him three e-mails and innumerable texts asking buckets of questions and demanding a photo. I've talked to him a few times- but everytime he calls he ends up having to go somewhere within a few minutes. I'll keep everybody posted as I hear things. He sounds really positive and I think he's having a good time so far. I'm jealous of the great opportunities- but so happy that I'm not in the heat and waking up at 4:00 AM!!

This lovely getup is what I will be wearing everyday. It is toasty hot here and outside is a steam room. The sleeves are closed tight and the uniform doesn't breath much. Today at lunch I got yelled at for saying "PLEASE be seated" instead of just 'be seated'. I was told there was no excuse for not knowing the proper procedures - today was my first 'normal' meal because I have been late for everything. The captain didn't like that answer and told me to read chapter four AGAIN!!! The boots are boots - we have to do this weird thing with our pants so the entire boot shows. It feels really funny. We got a little breather since we finished lunch before everyone else. They don't give you much time to eat. I have never had to eat faster in my entire life!! And drink three glasses of water while doing it. The camera hasn't been permitted outside of the room as of yet. I hope to get some pictures over the weekend. I hope they let me bring my camera to some of the cool activites but they are super anal about everything. Sorry about the crabby rabby - tell him I still love him. I can't look at the blog :( hopefully soon. Love you. There are plenty of really cool people. Everyone in the HPSP program seems really friendly and normal. a few odd ones but that is to be expected. Love you tons - going to class. This feels like the MTC to be honest.
-Kent

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the "few odd ones" comment. I remember Nate telling me about having to eat FAST.

tiffany said...

that doesnt sound fun at all i'll keep him in my prayers

The Jackson Family said...

WOW! What a tropper! I can't believe he has to put up with all those nit picky things. Four weeks should go by pretty fast though, right?

taylor and laney said...

it seems so weird seeing kent in that oufit. i am sure glad he is the one doing it and not me. I would cry everyday. I just can't handle being yelled at.

Michelle said...

Heck - I am crying just reading it!!! No WAY would I ever survive. You are totally in my prayers, Kent!