Thursday, May 22, 2008

If you couldn't tell, it's been one of those days. So boring in fact that I google imaged myself and came up with this beauty.

If only I could get this on a t-shirt. Too bad I've never heard of a growler because apparently I have one. I also didn't know what the word quaff meant- so I looked it up. "To drink a beverage heartily". I'm pretty sure that they are referring to alcoholic beverages and unfortunately the only beverages I drink heartily are good old H20 and crystal light.

I did some research and actually found out that Leisy Brewing Company was the oldest brewery in Cleveland and one of the longest surviving family-operated breweries in America when it closed. Their advertising slogan was "Go Leisy, Go Leisy,Go Leisy Light!" All rather fitting since I now live in Ohio and I'm a Miller. The fates really want me to be a beer drinker- too bad the smell of it makes me get the dry heaves.
Here's a really cool picture of the brewery in Cleveland. We'll definitely have to go one of these days and see if anything is still standing.

6 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

Wow! A brewery! It reminds me of Strange Brew. The pictures are really neat though!

Michelle said...

Hahahahaha. Leisy - that totally made me laugh outloud ... Go Leisy, Go - it's Miller Time!

That would be really interesting to see if anything is still standing out there ... over a hundred years old.

taylor and laney said...

yeah too bad it gives you the dry heaves, its not like there is anything else keeping you from drinking it.

Linz said...

Go Leisy! Go Leisy! Go Leisy Light! HAHAHA! That's cool!

Kimberly said...

Hey, there is a MILLER boat line too...that takes passengers to the Lake Erie islands.
http://www.dotoledo.org/gtcvb/members/member.asp?id=826&cat=attractions

Susan said...

You know what they say, "Looks like pee, smells like pee, tastes like pee." Or so I've heard!