Sunday, May 11, 2008

ode to mom. aka nannie annie.


Since the dinner conference call (amidst the discussion of steaks and laney's bladder labor) didn't seem to hit the spot I thought I'd make an ode to you on the blog wall of fame. I couldn't resist stealing this picture from aunt michelle's blog. The picture shows you- the best mom of all- and a few other fabulous moms. The green sweater is pretty hot too, mom! I think it would even be popular now :)
Thanks for being the most wonderful mom on the planet. Today in primary I had my kids draw pictures with them doing their favorite things with their moms- I drew you and me talking on the phone.
Growing up I remember calling you at work and tattling on Laney or reporting that my "toes" were on fire. In college I'd always call and tell you about classes or my job. On my mission I remember you leaving a message on my answering machine a week before you were supposed to call "just to make sure the number was right"- and then really getting to talk to you on Mother's Day. And still- here in Toledo even with the 24 hours and 2000 miles I can just call and talk. Thanks for letting me talk and thanks for listening. Thanks for sending my rugrat packages and being the most wonderful Nannie Annie. Thanks for making me a better wife and mother- I'm so lucky that I have you to look up to! I can't wait to see you in THIRTY DAYS! Zebby is excited too. Love you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh go on! It's you and your sisters who are my heroes and who have made me into the mother I am. You'll understand some day.

I'm glad you called and it was a bit hectic. Call and tell me when you get your gift in the mail! It will come in an envelope and it will be a local address.

Love you more (and hugs and kisses to Zebber and Kent),

Nannie Annie
P.S. Curses to Aunt Michelle!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Hey, at least I didn't publish the "chicken pox in the buff" picture. I copied all the Howell pictures on CD for you Annie, and Dave took it to Utah...and then brought it all the way home. I just need to stick it in the mail!