Friday, November 8, 2013

fab friday.

What a fabulous friday.  it really has been wonderful.  besides that fact that Kent isn't coming home from work until tomorrow.

We started out pretty rough.  By eight am- the kids had already lost all tv/wii/electronic privileges for the day.  and we all know that's a punishment for me more than anybody else!  But in the long run- I stuck to my guns- and it was a great day.  even without electronics.

Zeb was out of school -we played with friends- made cookies- and cleaned the toy room.
Except for metta- Miss Metta is not the best toy room cleaner.  She's more of the toy room destroyer.  Have I mentioned she likes to throw things?  any toy that isn't a 'baby'- she'll fiddle with for a few moments- and then usually chuck it or drop it.  

She's BEYOND obsessed with babies. It's such an intense infatuation, I can't explain it.  She reads to them, feeds them, loves them, kisses them, and carries them around.  I peaked into her room at nap time yesterday and saw her sitting- with a baby over her shoulder- patting it's back. Where does she learn this stuff??  seriously?   She has more maternal instinct than I do!!!

At stores she begs to hold any type of doll she sees.  And doesn't want to relinquish them when it's time to go.

This evening I had a most delightful opportunity to go to the temple with my stellar friend, Jackie!  this pic is from her baptism back in September - and tonight we went to the temple in Columbus.  It was great.  Jackie and I are kind of two peas in a pod.  We both like to laugh inappropriately.  we don't have very good church (quiet) voices.  and we both love the walking dead.  match made in friend heaven, right?!



Lastly, in today's post I've got to add these cookies.  I LOVE a good cookie.   I could go to the bakery every day for a new treat and be the happiest girl in the world.  apparently there's this shop in St. George, Utah, that makes the world's best sugar cookie.  so I found a copycat recipe and made them.  They are truly divine.  Perfectly crumbly. no need to chill or roll them out.  Just form and squish and frost.  yumm-o.

World's best sugar cookie. 
Ohmygoodness.

1 C. room temperature butter
3/4 C. vegetable oil
1 1/4 C. sugar + additional 1/4 C. sugar for pressing cookies
3/4 C. powdered sugar
2 T. water
2 eggs ( I used large)
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. Cream of Tarter
1 t. salt + additional pinch of salt for sugar/salt mixture for pressing the cookies
5 1/2 C. flour (I used 6 C. flour)

Heat the oven to 350 degrees.  

Cream together the butter, oil, sugars, water, and eggs. 

Combine the dry ingredients and add slowly to the butter mixture.
Mix until well combined.  Dough should be a little crumbly and not at all sticky.

Roll a golf sized ball of dough and place on baking sheets.\
Press cookies down with the bottom of a glass.


here's the link to the cookies and pics.  I just made a buttercream frosting.
http://sandpaperandsillyputty.blogspot.com/2013/05/play-dough-pretend-perfect-cookies.html

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I totally crave those Swigs cookies every. single. day.

I am definitely giving the recipe a try!

LOVE how Metta loves the babies. That is the cutest!

Mommo said...

Ooh...i have heard about those cookies. This might be a yummy treat to try out this week.