Monday, August 20, 2007

Craaaazy rain.

We have been on severe thunderstorm warning and flood watch for 48 hours now! It has not stopped raining AT ALL! The rain here is amazing. It rains in sheets and just keeps coming. Lots of the city streets are flooded over and are closed!


The pictures are all taken from our little balcony! I really love the rain and the gloom. We haven't had to run our air conditioner for almost a week now. At night we open the window and it gets cold. I LOVE it.

I saw on the news this morning that Utah is experiencing "much higher" than usual temps. I am so so so glad that I am not in the desert. I'm glad that first few weeks of dishwasher are over here. This is the weather that I was expecting and wanting.

5 comments:

Pat and Brent said...

We've actually had a little rain here and there. It has been really nice - except when I had to cross the street to my car in a downpour only to find my lights were still on and my battery was dead. Not good timing.
Today it was in the low 90's which is a good 8 degrees cooler. (Still pretty hot)

Michelle said...

That is some pretty intense rainfall! We've been waiting and waiting for a good, warm day and lots of rain - that usually happens in August ... and we go out and splash in the puddles. It's so much fun - the kids love it. But ... it didn't happen this year for some reason. I guess August isn't over yet!

When did the dead battery extravaganza take place, Mom? That's awful! Thank heavens we have Mr. Dad the knight in shining armor, huh? He sure has saved me a few thousand times in my day! :)

Thanks for the sweet birthday comment, K - made my night!

Michelle said...

Oh - Shannon Hale - I'll be heading to the library site next! :)

By the by - who IS that in Zeb's elvis picture? I'm way curious now.

kenna said...

I would take that over the weather here. I'm glad the weather is to your standards though. So, when should I come and visit? I figure if I book tickets far enough out they will be a bit cheaper.

Anonymous said...

Aaaawww...I'm jealous. I LOVE rain like that.