Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Toledo, OHIOOOOOOOOOOO

The internet man came today and we are all set to go! It makes me feel more relaxed to have the internet. We can finally communicate with everbody!

I can't even explain how weird it is to be here! It feels so normal and so great. Our apartment completely feels like home already.


Being a member of the church is the greatest blessing in the world when it comes to moving! We moved into a wonderful family right away. There were people already here when we pulled in to help us move our stuff ! and then at church we were welcomed so quickly. It also turns out that my MTC teacher and his wife are in this ward! and even better, one of my best friends from Orem Jr (I taught with her there) is in this ward with her husband! They invited us over for dinner on monday and she came by this evening to give me info on substitute teaching!


Kent and I have already had the opportunity to go out with the missionaries! I went with the sisters and Kent with the elders and it was wonderful! I had such a great experience helping teach a newly married couple! they are coming with kent and I to the ward opening social next saturday!


Plus, there is so much amazing stuff to do in Toledo!! the botanical gardens are AMAZING! just beautiful. the parks by our house feel like tropical rain forests and they are full of great animals and bugs! we have fireflies outside our windows and there's a cool little place by our house that has 69 cent shakes on wednesdays! the public library is so great (we already went in and got cards) and tony packos has the most incredible chicken chili on this planet.


so far, great! I think I am in for a little shock once kent starts school though! it won't be nearly as much fun with just zeb. he's still pretty boring.


here are some cool pictures we've taken!

3 comments:

Melisa said...

Good luck in great old ohio.

I served 8 months of my mission in the Toledo Stake. I served in the Wausean Branch which is about an hour west of there.

I actually served in town of Napolean which is about 30 minutes south of Wausean. Napolean is on a river that flows out of toledo.

in Napolean, there is a huge water tank painted like a can of Cambell's tomato soup.

There is also a place that has hundreds of classic corvettes for sale.

have fun in ohio!
-Chris

Pat and Brent said...

So glad all is going so well. It really looks beautiful there. Zeb looks pretty content in that front pack. I'm so happy for you guys. I'm happy for you Leisy that you have Zeb to keep you company. You'll be able to enjoy all the cute developmental phases. He's so lucky to have you for his mother. And the fact that you will study alongside Kent is great. Maybe you'll be able to test out some day to get your own MD.

Michelle said...

Wow - gorgeous pictures! I'm so glad you have your internet up and running. We'll really depend on blogging to keep us connected. I can't believe you guys already went out with the missionaries. You are so gung-ho ... very admirable.
Lotsa love!