Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Who takes their cat to get acupuncture??

It seems that Jeff from Flipping Out does. Leisy and I were rolling on the floor laughing. It reminded me of my days at the animal shelter - except this cat is really nice! We decided cable was way too expensive so we signed up for the basic channels to get a discount on Internet. Somehow we ended up with the channel "bravo" and this crazy program follows psycho-rich-man Jeff around. Jeff pays his friends to do all of his weird chores.
Apparently humidity and hot weather have turned Leisy into a TV junkie because she refuses to go out into the "dishwasher" unless we have a really good reason to leave the house. The humidity and heat have been REALLY bad this week. It has been fluctuating between 80 - 90% humidity and there have been a lot of really intense thunderstorms.
We helped another new student from BYU move in to their apartment tonight and by the time I was done I was dripping wet. It was literally like I had just jumped into the shower with all of my clothes on. I'm so glad we have A/C!

5 comments:

Pat and Brent said...

Sweet little happy kitty. Do you think he told Jeff how much Monkey likes accupuncture? That is hillarious. I thought our 30% humidity was bad - now I'm praising our hot, DRY climate. Good luck, hope it cools off soon.

Michelle said...

That was so sad!

Yeah - best wishes with the humidity. That is gross - just calling it the dishwasher ... really paints a picture. I'd stay inside too.

Do you remember going to Nebraska for someone's wedding? I thought I was going to die with how humid it was. Does it compare to that?

M- your favorite said...

Sad-What are you going to do about running? I guess you can run in place inside for awhile? Sorry about it!

taylor and laney said...

leisy,
if you go out running early in the morning (not too early like 7 or eight) it really isn't that bad, and you sweat so much you feel like you have gotten the best workout of all time, and you can breathe much better. i went in houston last summer and it was great.

Unknown said...

I'm so dumb. I keep checking your blog but then I see that picture of you two at the top and think that there isn't a new entry. Get it? I'm retarded. I HATE HUMIDITY.