Thursday, August 2, 2007

Okay, so finally...here are some of the pictures from our roadtrip! I can't believe that it went so well and was actually really really fun! Kent and I were both quite surprised to find nebraska so enjoyable! we loved the corn fields and the greenness of it all!

we stopped in Nauvoo and saw the temple, the sites, rode the little buggy down to the Mississippi river, and just walked around the shops! I loved the Mississippi river! there were the most incredible flowers along the river beds! i loved them!



sorry that its sideways!




baby Z slept on kent the entire buggy ride!




here is the back of a car that I just had to take a picture of! i especially love bugs bunny.

After Nauvoo we drove to Carthage. I enjoyed it even more than Nauvoo. The jail was really incredible! Just to be there and realize that Joseph Smith died there. It was really amazing.



Here we are under the window that the Prophet fell out of.
The trip was great! We could not have done it without my family helping along the way!! It made it more fun and a whole lot easier and more pleasant!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Well - I'm sitting here crying. Has it hit? It's so weird that you are so far away. What neat experiences you are having!

I LOVE the song you have going - who's it by?

What kind of camera do you have? The pictures you take of flowers and landscape are AMAZING!

I hope we'll be able to come out and do a church history tour sometime - now that you're out there.

Keep the posts coming! Love you so much!

Kent and Leisy said...

the song is by the dixie chicks! its great :)
and our camera is actually the video camera that your parents got us! it takes pictures too. its amazing!
and no it hasn't hit us yet. We still kinda feel like we are on vacation.

Pat and Brent said...

The pictures are really neat. I'm so glad I got you that camera. We're going to be the beneficiaries(is that the right word?) What a fun trip. It's great to make the long ride out pleasant and fun. Yes, that's a good song. -it kind of seems to me like you're on vacation too. Love you guys.

M- your favorite said...

Can't believe you guys are there and not just on vacation. I am so glad that you have friends and people you know out there. I think that helps the move a little better. It looks like great fun- I can't wait to go out and visit! OOH Zeb is so cute! It's going to be hard not to be able to see and hold him in person- while he grows up. I love the baby stages of life-they are so cute! Can't wait to see him again!

M- your favorite said...

I just looked at the pictures again and I want to hold that baby-He looks so cuddley! I Love it!