Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday Adventure

Today Leisy and I ventured a little further from our house to check out this really cool metropark called Oak Openings. It is a beautiful, large wooded area with all sorts of hiking trails. It covers over 3400 acres! On our way out we were hit by a downpour and we thought we would have to give up on our adventure. By the time we got out of the car (maybe 20 min) it had totally cleared. We had quite the amazing walk. We saw only a small part of the park and we are excited to return to see more of it. We walked around this small lake and saw people getting married. If we hadn't been married in the temple we totally would have had a wedding like that one. Leisy kept saying she couldn't believe how lucky they were that the rain cleared. It was perfect. We found a cool little 'nature station' that had a small room with large windows all around. They have bird feeders set up outside and speakers to pick up the bird sounds. We sat in there and watched as all sorts of cool birds came to feast. Zeb's new activity is saying Oooo Oooo over and over. We thought that Zeb's owl-like noises fit in perfectly with all the other bird sounds we were listening to! We stopped at the playground next to the 'nature station' to act like kids and pretend like we don't have a baby. It's a good thing he's cute or we would have given him away by now.



Pictured: the park trail (very top pic), Zeb loving the park, wild mushrooms and the playground

9 comments:

Lenny and Amanda said...

sounds like you guys had a blast. I love finding cool new places to hang out.

Missy D said...

Leisy - I don't know what we're doing in science yet. In 4th grade, we did Social Studies for the 1st half of the year - and then science for the 2nd half. I had a hard time in science - so, I'm kinda nervous for it in 5th grade.

Zeb is so cute!

Michelle said...

I wish I was close enough that you could "give Zeb away" to me every once in a while! He is so sweet. I love the "ooooo, ooooo" sounds. I wish I could hear them ... but, I can imagine. What other sounds is he making?

Those wild mushrooms are remarkable looking. Cool.

My kids keep asking how you did that L+K ... so, now I'm wondering too.

I love the shirt Zebby has on. He is a very handsome little man!

Michelle said...

So - did you just BUY your Shannon Hale books? I'm like #27 on the list of holds from the Orem Public Library. Wow.

Kent and Leisy said...

michelle...I had to wait one hold for goose girl, but all of the other books were already in. this library is pretty big. they have 12 or 13 branches and so there are probably more copies. the playground had this big mosaic board. there are little round pegs and you can twist them to be brown or white. kent made it.
marissa..if you need any science help, you can just call me!

Linz said...

What a fun outing! We love finding new and fun places to explore!

Zeb is so cute! Andrew is in the OOO and now goooo stage too and it is so sweet and fun!!

Pat and Brent said...

That looks like a beautiful park! Zeb is so dang cute! He looks so happy. I love it.

M- your favorite said...

CUTE! What a neat place.

Larry and Cindy said...

You three are so cute and fun. Guess what...I am going to the body exhibit tomorrow, finally. I have been waiting for my friend Kathy Petersen that lives in St. George. She is an elementary Principal so she is very busy. I am so excited to finally go. Love Ya