Tuesday, August 14, 2007

my days all alone!

Kent offically became a medical student on monday of this week and I am officially became a "stay at home" mom. With Kent home all of the time this past while I didn't really feel like I qualified. Now its for real.

Yesterday was a bit long with Kent being gone from 8 am to 10:00 pm, but today was much much better. I can't even imagine what people do without the church. I am so lucky to have moved into a ward like this one. There is so much to do that I will never be bored.

This morning at 9 I went to walking group at the park. We went on a great speed walk through the amazing park and then the kids played at the playground while we chatted. It was so nice to just chat and make friends. We (zeb and i) got home at noonish and left at one-thirty to go out with the sisters! We visited two families and then It was already time to pick up Kent from school (three fifteen).

We made dinner and spent some good time together and then I went to cooking group! I got to meet even more new people and just be able to chat. The social aspect of the church is quite amazing. It's like having family no matter where you go. How do other people do it? I would be so lonely.

As wonderfully perfect as Kent is I really miss all of my friends from Orem that I could just sit and chat with while he was gone at work and school! I am a far more balanced and happier person when I get to talk to people and get exercise and be outside (i've been doing kick boxing to a dvd in the house and I kicked the lamp and broke it yesterday so I figured its time to get outside!).

The weather is unbelievable now. the really bad hot spell has left and apparently we are experiencing normal toledo summer weather. the temps are 84 at the high and the humidity is at 50%. It is heavenly.

I'll try and get kent to post his first few days of school! he zonked early tonight cause apparently z got up a few times last night and he didn't get much solid sleep! I didn't hear a thing. kent is too good of a dad and husband.

4 comments:

kenna said...

Well I miss you.

Linz said...

Isn't the church great? I am glad that you are making friends! It can be really hard moving to a new place! Good luck to all of you! Kent - I fully expect you to be top in your class... but no pressure! *wink*

M- your favorite said...

that's great you can have a group of friends to do thing with while Kent is in school! That will be great for you. Hope your foot it okay from kicking the lamp. That's funny! i wish I could have seen that! :D

Michelle said...

Wow. Kick boxing a lamp - that sounds pretty intense. :)

I admire you SO much, Leisy. You make the whole social thing sound so easy - but, you really have to put yourself out there to make it work (that's where I REALLY struggle). It's a huge effort, I think. Not to mention that a lot of people annoy me. Sigh.

I'll have to put myself out there in the "ward social" group next Summer again. It makes me very anxious.

Kent - how's it going? That is so much work!!!!!!!! You're in my prayers.