Thursday, August 9, 2007

poor baby z!

So, today we went and got Zeb's two month immunizations. Besides the fact that we almost DIED on the way, (there was an insane thunderstorm. we couldn't see anything and there was at least an inch of water on the freeway) it went really well. Zeb cried for all of thirty seconds after the shots. he's quite the trooper. He went right to sleep in the car and continued to sleep on our errands. As soon as we got home and he woke up, it was TERRIBLE. the little rugrat screamed and sobbed and squawked the SADDEST most pitiful cry known to man. We recorded some of it, but I can't get it to upload. I'll keep trying. it was so sad.
He couldn't breathe and kept nearly suffocating himself with the sobs. His whole body was heaving. Then he finally fell asleep on me, where he slept for two full hours. Kent took the above picture of him while he was on me. I didn't dare move so I just sat on the couch with him! the ENTIRE two hours he continued to gasp for breath! He used his lungs far too much and was trying to get them calmed down. Let's hope tonight goes alright! we got baby tylenol and it is appearing to help.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh blessed immunizations. By the way, you are SMART to not be pregnant here in the summer. Don't do it. And also, I knew you would be upset about the dead spider but I just can't have it reproduciing in my home.

Pat and Brent said...

Bless his heart! Immunization day is always the worst! Tylenol may help. He is so precious. Look at those sweet lips. Wish I could hold and kiss him. Good luck tonight. Hope he got the worst of it out of his system.

Anonymous said...

Awww...sweet thing. He's seriously so cute.

Michelle said...

I hate immunization days. That sounds pretty awful, though. Be sure to mention it to the doc at his next immunization - especially if where he had his shots they're extra red or swollen. They combined Marissa's differently the second time around and it was a drastic improvement = less crying throughout the day.

Zeb is so sweet.