Thursday, August 23, 2007

sleeping

I have been having a really hard time falling asleep here! I don't know if its because I'm on Utah time or just not used to it or what! kent can zonk by ten-thirty but lately I haven't been able to fall asleep until sometime after midnight. I normally get in bed with kent but when he falls asleep I get out a book or get on the blog and check email and stuff. I drive kent crazy cause I'll try to make him stay up with me. I'll poke and prod him or just ask him questions so he can't sleep. Two nights ago I kept asking him questions but he was falling in and out of sleep so I asked him, "Kent, how much do you love me?" and he replied "more than sugar cube castles". I started giggling and it startled him out of his half sleep and then he started laughing. We aren't sure where the sugar cube castles came from! it's like the night he woke me up and said "Arrggh" and then went back to sleep. The next morning he told me "I dreamed that we were at disneyland on pirates of the caribbean!". Apparently when he was younger he'd sleep walk and pee in weird places. he ruined a bunch of games doing it! thank heavens he doesn't have that problem anymore.

I googled "sugar cube castles" to get a good picture of one and this is what I found! it's a sugar cube salt lake temple. eww. creepy. It was on the site "about.com" labeled as an lds craft. maybe we could do it as a relief society enrichment huh? I made a sugar cube airport in elementary school. the control tower even had working lights.

7 comments:

Linz said...

That's funny! And creepy. Sorry about the sleeping trouble! I had the same problem when we moved here, but it just kind of worked itself out! Good luck!

taylor and laney said...

hysterical.

Unknown said...

Man, you're having trouble sleeping and it's not even the baby's fault! That's a bummer. Hope you're happy about my latest blog entry.

Michelle said...

That is so funny! -- not the insomnia ... but Kent's nighttime funnies ... and that sugar cube temple. Can you imagine actually signing up to make one for Super Saturday or something? Wow.

Lenny and Amanda said...

Man i hope your kids don't pick up Kent's nightime problems. Unfortunately Ike (my son) picked that up from me and I've caught him twice peeing in his laundry basket. At least they weren't clean cloths.

M- your favorite said...

When Kent's tired you get all kind's of funny things out of his mouth. I love it when he all of the sudden set's up in bed and says fuzzy wuzzy! holding Morty around the neck. It was sooooooo funny! I had to save morty before he chocked him to death. :) it was a great laugh! Hope you BOTH can get so sleep! Sorry about not being able too. that stinks!

The Jackson Family said...

I hope Kent doesn't mind the poking and prodding TOO much when he has school the next day. If that were James poking me, he would for sure have a black eye.