Saturday, November 17, 2007

battle of the border

Today is the big day. The Michigan/Ohio game. The reason I post about this event is because it's outrageous! BYU/Utah games are NOTHING compared to this. Really I couldn't care less about the outcome of the game, but Toledo has been put on hold this week as everyone prepares. There have been tailgate parties at the grocery stores all week! Everybody is wearing either Michigan or Ohio clothes. People are NUTSO. Plus, Meredith Viera and Rachael Ray are doing parts of the pre-game show so I am watching that.

I think the pandemonium is relatively widespread across both states, but it is especially intense here in Toledo because we border Michigan. All of the choas is pretty fun. The city is full of fans from both sides and I have a feeling the bar parties get pretty heated! I am also assuming there will be a lot of drunk drivers out this evening. Every bar is advertising a shindig of some sort! I guess out of loyalty I should be cheering for OSU--but like I said, I'm pretty indifferent.

6 comments:

Amy and Craig said...

This is Craig....You guys definitely need to be cheering for Ohio State! Ohio State RULES!!!!

Kent and Leisy said...

okay! okay! I'll do it for the starkeys!

Anonymous said...

Go BLUE!

kenna said...

So Josh lived in Michigan for a while, so he is ALL about Michigan. My mom, however, grew up in Ohio, so naturally, she is all about Ohio State. It gets pretty intense between the two...and whoever wins grants either my Mom or Josh bragging rights for the next year...it's crazy...I couldn't care less...

Kent and Leisy said...

so anonymous...you knew Michigan had no chance and so you were too chicken to add your name to your post huh?

Amy and Craig said...

Besides (this is amy)it's nice to be cheering on the WINNING team! 14-3 OUCH!