Saturday, November 10, 2007

COSI

COSI is the AMAZING children's science museum here in Toledo that is closing in just a few weeks! The levy didn't pass and now the place is shutting down! I am still so so so angry! This place is phenomenal! there are so many cool things to do and see.

We were able to get a few cool pictures of our adventures there today! Once again the little rugrat was in awe of everything and would never make eye contact with us! Normally he is so good to smile and pose for pictures! not at the cool science museums though :)

They have an amazing bike that you ride across a tight wire above people! It is really cool. One of our favorite things(the Dockters had recommended it!) was the time warp camera!

Kent and I sat and laughed and laughed! they take a short video of you blowing a raspberry or something weird and then slow it WAY WAY down so that you can see it in exaggerated slow motion! It was so nasty.

9 comments:

Missy D said...

I miss you guys soooooooo much! That place looks so so much fun!

Michelle said...

That place DOES look like so much fun! I can't believe they are shutting it down. That seems ridiculous!

I love how Zeb just absorbs everything. Smarty pants!

Shelly and Ken said...

I was so upset too when I heard it was closing. So sad that the people of Toledo would let it go. I wonder why people voted no. I think losing COSI will really hurt Toledo. It is a great place to go for tourists and locals.

M- your favorite said...

Nice Raspberry! That's funny!

Kenna said...

A place that charges $8 per person to get in should be able to be financially viable without my tax dollars....and NOTHING has changed there in the 5 1/2 years we have been there. My kids love it, but that is why I voted against the levy.

Kent and Leisy said...

I agree that they should be able to support themsleves, but the zoo has the same issues. They charge 10.00 a person yet Toledoans still support them with levies regularly. I don't pay property taxes so I can't really get on my soapbox about this, but I am all about supporting the educational non-profit institutions.

Kent and Leisy said...

I started thinking about what I wrote earlier and I guess I didn't even really support them with my membership. I get in with the Coyote point pass that we bought... voting for the levy was really the only way I have shown my support! and I would do it again.

Kenna said...

I usually vote against zoo also for the same reason. I imagine at some point even those who rent will feel the pinch of increased property taxes from the levies that passed. I doubt your landlords will cover that for you.

Unknown said...

Hey Kent and Leisy,

Just wanted to let you know that even though COSI Toledo is closed to the public we are continuing to offer our educational programs to schools in Ohio and Michigan. Check out our updated website for details about our programs.

Help spread the word that we are still making science fun in the classroom!

Carl