Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Downtown Detroit




Detroit is a little dilapidated for a big city! There are lots of huge abandoned buildings and very scraggly looking businesses. We still enjoyed driving around the city and trying to maneuver our way around all of the one way streets. I get into these laughing fits when we get turned around. I laughed so hard that I was crying and poor Kent had to pull over and look at the map because I was of no help. We were actually trying to get to Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. We opened a new checking account with a bank here and they gave us twenty five dollars for doing it! we decided to splurge :)

Little Z was just happy to get out of the car. He really enjoyed Hard Rock. I think that all of the music and lights mesmerized him.

Here is the rugrat after a taste of lemon. It's pretty fun to have our own baby to try these tricks on!

5 comments:

dockters said...

Whoa...is Zeb sitting up in a high chair?! He looks SO cute and grown up!

Jill said...

Hello Leisy! I'm so glad you found my blog. I finally made it over to yours and your little boy is so incredibly cute! Sounds like you are having some great adventures. Take care and tell Kent hello.

Michelle said...

:) Zeb is so cute.

I've never been to a Hard Rock Cafe. I want too. Cool backdrop!

Linz said...

Detroit, huh? I can only remember feeling a sheer terror when I drove around Detroit. Really, I kept praying not to hit any red lights...

Zeb is so cute!

Kari Ann said...

What a pretty city!