Tuesday, November 13, 2007

cooking group....


Definitely one of my favorites of the enrichment groups here in Toledo. These cooking groups will most likely never be rivaled in any ward that I am ever to attend! Every 2nd Tuesday of the month I skip dinner so that I can indulge at this little activity. When I attended for my first time I was SHOCKED at the amount and caliber of the food. Tonight was no exception. There is always some sort of theme. Tonight was Thanksgiving. We had it all. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, jello, rolls, sweet potatoes, veggies, and every pumpkin dessert imaginable. I loved the pumpkin roll and the little pumpkin sandwich cookies. Besides the good food, the company is fabulous. At the end of a day filled with a very cute but also very non verbal baby there is nothing better than a group of raucous women! Especially when you've got a foul smelling husband (due to the cadavers). I was going to take some more pictures but my camera got crabby. The one will have to suffice.

7 comments:

Kari Ann said...

This is a fabulous idea! I am in enrichment in my ward and I think I am going to have to strongly suggest this. I love food and I need to new recipes. How fun!

Lyndsay said...

Speaking of raucous, I was expecting a comment from you, friend.

M- your favorite said...

WOW! That looks like fun! You guys really did have a feast!

dockters said...

Yummmmmm! I just reluctantly shared my last treat from cooking group with Eric....so good! I want more!

Bean There...Done That said...

Leisy
Do you think you could hook me up with the recipe for the "Pumpkin Sandwich Cookies" I am imagining that they have some yummy cream cheese frosting in the middle!
Allie

Pat and Brent said...

Gosh, it almost makes me want to participate in enrichment.

Michelle said...

Almost, huh Mom? :) I'm right there with ya!

I wonder what it takes to get a group like that up and running.