Friday, November 30, 2007

Nativities galore!

The stake here does a huge "interfaith nativity/creche exhibit" at the stake center every year for Christmas. It is AMAZING! They have hundreds of amazing nativities from all over the world that are donated by people in the stake and community.

My favorite is the one pictured to the right. I think it is from Africa. I love that they have lions, zebras, and elephants at the manger scene with an African Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!

This morning we went and volunteered as hosts! I'll be honest, I had a lot of fun. We had the very first shift from 11-1 and nobody came so we (six fun women from the ward) just got to talk and walk around and enjoy ourselves. There are some great pluses to being at home with the rugrat and not working all day! I absolutely loved it. Kent and I are doing a shift tomorrow night together as well. Hopefully the Saturday night one will be lots busier than this morning.

Most everybody left their kids with a sitter (hooray for Cynthia) but I did bring the little rugrat along cause I thought he would just nap. He DOES not nap if there are people and lights and music around! He giggled and laughed a lot and then crashed immediately when we got home. He did fall on his head though. It has been happening a lot lately because he wants to reach for something while he's sitting up. When he reaches, he topples. He looks a little roughed and bruised up, but I'm sure it's good for him. This picture is for you Laney, since you only want to see Zeb. No more pancake mixes, I promise.

9 comments:

taylor and laney said...

that tree he is sitting in front of is quite the tree. wow.

Kent and Leisy said...

it was RIDICULOUS. It had feathers coming out of it. and weird blue roses. zeb couldn't keep his eyes off it (or his fingers for that matter).

M- your favorite said...

I LOVE nativities!! They are so amazing! Looks like a lot of fun! What a good idea!

Zeb- is getting so big! what a cutie!

Unknown said...

What are you doing to my baby Zebber?

Nannie Annie

Michelle said...

What an adorable picture!

Those nativities are awesome. Mom and Dad's ward does that for their annual ward Christmas party - they get a lot of really neat ones too.

Deneal said...

Oh I am so jealous. I have a definite weak spot for international nativities. I think I bought five different ones in Moscow and one really big set from France. I think it's wonderful that the churches get together and display them all like that. What a cool experience. Little Z is so adorable and full of personality. Love the pictures of him.

Pat and Brent said...

I like the way Zeb is coordinated with the tree - he really makes it! That is a fun activity.

The Jackson Family said...

You are so lucky with such a good baby! By the way-I enjoy pictures of baby Zeb better than pancakes too.

Breanne said...

That sounds like fun! My mom has a ton of nativities and even had some in a creche display a few years back.

And the bumps and bruises have just begun! Next they will be on his legs when he starts crawling :)