Sunday, November 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!


I have been called a scrooge, but there is no need to name call any more. Thanksgiving is over and Christmas celebrations can commence! We put up our tree and all of our decorations! We have lights adorning our windows and we keep them lit all night long (I am unplugging other appliances and household items and turning down the heat at night to make up for the excess energy consumption)! We have our Christmas candle filling our home with great smells! and we have cheeseballs coming out our ears :) We hope you enjoy the music playing on our blog as well, it is one of our favorite Christmas songs!

We had to get an artificial tree this year because of the whole leaving to Utah thing. I remember the first year we got a fake tree at home. I bawled my eyes out and accused my parents of destroying Christmas and all of its associated traditions. Our fake tree is actually quite nice, especially considering that we got it for FREE! a nice family in the ward was giving it away and I snatched it up lickety split :)

We head to Utah just three weeks from Tuesday! That is way too soon! I can't wait for Zeb to meet everybody! Laney...no squeezing him to death when we get there.

6 comments:

taylor and laney said...

i probably will squeeze him to death, and I really hope he is awake when we pick you up at the airport otherwise I am going to wake him up!!! i squeeze jack all the time and he seems all right.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! You can tell Zeb isn't crawling around yet or there wouldn't be any ornaments on the bottom half of the tree, you lucked out this year! It looks beautiful.

Kari Ann said...

Way to conserve energy for the tree girl. Happy thanksgving...and Christmas too.

Michelle said...

Wow ... Christmas Leisy!!

I love your Christmas sights and sounds! Wish I was there to share the Christams cheese balls. :)

We're counting down for the day that you come!!!!!!!

kenna said...

I refuse to put up a tree or any decorations whatsoever...

Pat and Brent said...

Cute tree. I've got to get with it! Hope I'll have my decorations up by the time you're here. Can hardly wait!