Friday, November 23, 2007

ode to the Starkeys!

First off we must give a great big thank you to the Starkey family! Kathy and Jack were the greatest Thanksgiving hosts ever. We ate and ate and ate their food and then slept in their house and then ate and ate more of their delicious food :) Kent and I (and Z) had such a nice relaxing Thanksgiving. The weather was picture perfect on Thanksgiving day. Lots of gloom, snow flurries, and just plain chilliness. The drive was very pleasant as well. Kent and I really enjoy driving through Ohio, especially smaller towns like Ashland. We love the trees and all of the quaint farm houses (and the Amish buggies on the roads!) . It's so different from Utah.
I promised pictures and documentation of our holiday, so here goes. The food was stupendous. I can't believe how much I love sweet potatoes. I didn't really know that before. Zeb LOVED them even more than I did. We did decide, however, that it may have been the butter, sugar, cream, and spices that they were swimming in that we loved so much and not the sweet potatoes themselves. The recipe was Paula Dean's and I plan on using it again soon. It was so great to spend the Holiday with Amy, Craigo, Taylor and Peanut. I have the greatest family around! and even better that some live East of the Mississippi! It was all smiles the full two days
(minus the times we harrassed the little rugrats). Once all of the kiddos were in bed we went on a nice walk under the full moon (in the bitter cold) and then we came home and Kent ate lots more. Luckily for us we spent the night so the tryptophan didn't have any adverse affects on his driving.
We have so much to post it's crazy! I'll post about the next day sometime tomorrow! You'll all love the parts where Amy stole the soul of an Amish man and the part where we realized Ashland is the place to be for Black Friday shopping.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

What a splendid feast! We sure missed you guys - and we're glad you were well taken care of!

So looking forward to the dictation of your Black Friday adventures!

Emily Frame said...

you're right leisy. its only fun with fun people. i've been to university and its not the same without the oswalds.

Pat and Brent said...

Looks like a fabulous Thanksgiving. Good food, good times and good people to share it all with. I'm so glad you were able to be there. I too, am looking forward to more info about Black Friday sales and your 5 K run. Sounds so fun!

Chris said...

That picture of the Starkey family is great. It reminds me of my mission and eating at their home about... um... 12 years ago...

...fond memories.... thanks for bringing some back for me.