Wednesday, November 28, 2007

early Christmas present to me :)


Yes, by the broadast of terms (and some of the more stringent ones), I am an environmentalist. I feel that we, as God's children, have a stewardship over Earth. Regardless of the severity of global warming and melting ice caps, we still have no right to be wasteful or overtly cavalier about our consumption of fossil fuels.
After a friend mentioned she had started using reusable grocery sacks (thanks em f.) I decided it was a noble endeavour and that I wanted to do the same. I have been searching for some inexpensive bags ever since. I located my bags this week at Meijer! Oh, how I adore Meijer. Sometimes I just go to walk around and look at things. I love the foreign foods aisle. But back to the point. These bags were oh-so-inexpensive and if any of you Utahns want to halt your improvidence and do your little part, just let me know and these can be part of your Christmas present too:)

10 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Although I'm fighting the good fight on behalf of refineries and power plants, I too believe that we have a responsibility to reduce, reuse and recycle. Good news on the Meijer bags! Where exactly did you find them?

Kent and Leisy said...

They are at the center of the grocery entrance "lobby". You can't miss them if you enter those doors.

bmann said...

Leisy I'm so glad you stumbled upon our blog. It's so fun to see what you and your cute family have been up to. I can't believe your baby is already so big. He really is such a cutie. It feels like I just saw you and you were pregnant. Time flies! I'm glad that we will be able to keep in touch!
Diane

Jason & Shannon said...

How much are they?

Kenna said...

Do you have a trick, now that you have purchased them, for actually remembering to take them with you? That would be my shortfall.

Michelle said...

I should try to convert. I use the grocery bags I collect as trash liners ... which I think I would have a hard time without. Any suggestions?

Pat and Brent said...

Old habits die hard. If I got one of those bags I would probably forget to take it with me to the store. Good idea though (if you're not an old dog)

Kent and Leisy said...

We are trying to figure out how to remember them. Right now a reminder is written at the top of my shopping list so that when I grab the list, hopefully I read it and remember.

Emily Frame said...

put them in your trunk... works every time!

Mia said...

I actually purchased some from Costco a little while ago for a very good price. Doug asked if the bags were made from environmentally friendly material? I had no clue. But what is done is done.