Thursday, November 29, 2007

favorite thing...


Today has been a most ridiculously busy day. I've enjoyed it immensely. I really like having all the hours in my day blocked out with a purpose, even if the purpose is something regular like walking group, enrichment meetings, or hobby lobby.

I was out and about lots longer than I had initially planned so I went straight to school to get Kent before I made it home to make dinner. This meant we had to come home and figure out what we were going to eat. Luckily we had my current favorite food in the world!!!! when I find something that I love, I can't help but tell everyone that I know about it. Yet another purpose for my blog.

Hodgson Mill's whole wheat buttermilk pancakes. They are absolutely delicious. The texture, consistency, flavor, and everything else is just splendid. I used applesauce instead of oil and so they were low fat too. I love the texture of whole wheat. I must have Grandpa Howell taste buds or something (although growing up I would cry when he forced us to eat his whole wheat mac and cheese).
I'm not sure if they sell them out West (they are made in Illinois) but I highly recommend them to everyone.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Omiheck - it is so funny that you posted this tonight. Tiffany tagged me to do 6 things about myself (again) - and I was telling Tyler that one of the things I could post is how I really don't like wheat ... longer story (so, just wait for the post).

Funny, though - I don't mind wheat pancakes so much. Much prefer white or blueberry, though. :)

brittani c. said...

I've never had the pancake mix, but Hodgson Mills makes great whole wheat spaghetti noodles. I bought them in Utah all the time. They work well with steamed broccoli, diced grilled chicken, and a touch of butter and parmesan cheese. Yummo.

Kent and Leisy said...

I'll have to try them out!