Thursday, November 1, 2007

Future Doctor...it looks like zeb is getting in more studying than his dad!

Zeb got up early again this morning and wanted to be around people so I stuck him with his studying dad! Poor Kent had a giant test yesterday (on Halloween!) and then a beastly cumulative final today! He got up to study much before many of you in the mountain time zone went to bed! But, HOORAY, block one is over and Kent gets his dead body in a few days!!! Anatomy starts up tomorrow. I am so grateful for such a hard working husband.
Zeb loved studying with his dad. The rugrat gets so excited when Kent gets home everyday. I cannot make him giggle like his dad can. He really gets all bouncy and jumpy when Kent comes through the door. He is almost as good a dad as he is a husband. I told him he's not allowed to be as good to Zeb as he is to me! :)

and for a feeding update on Zeb, he is still not eating so we took him to the pediatrician today. I'm sure that they thought we were paranoid parents. He was laughing and flirting with the doctor. He was rolling around and showing off all of his usual tricks. It was ridiculous. Luckily the doctor stayed and chatted awhile (she was Muslim and we got to chat about our religions a bit! she was so nice) and got to see one of his symptoms in action. He was undressed down to his scivvies and as Kent was placing him back on the table, he EXPLODED. I am not joking. I have NEVER seen that much liquid come out of something that small. It was UNREAL. He exploded all over the floor, all over the table, all over Kent, EVERYWHERE. It was as if the diaper was non existent. I have no idea from what orifices the poo was coming (In reference to the diaper. I know where poo comes from). Kent finally put him down and he continued to erupt. I was giggling because I couldn't believe it! Boy, does this kid have the runs. The diarrhea was astounding. We wanted to snap some pictures but I was giggling and Kent was trying to clean up. Plus the doctor was standing there. How do you explain that? "um..this is for our blog!?!?" We decided it was not the time nor the place for pictures.

The whole time Zeb was just smiling away like nothing was happening. The doctor could not believe how happy and cute he was amongst the chaos. She said her days would be a lot easier if all of the kids were like this when they were sick. He has a bug I guess. We just have to wait it out. If he stops drooling or becomes listless we are in trouble, but until then he's good.

11 comments:

Linz said...

Nice! Way to go Zeb!

Pat and Brent said...

Cute little Zeb. What a trooper. Sounds like he'll be a non-complainer. That is nice but I can see why you've been worried about him. Good that he gave the DR. a nice demonstration. Hope you can keep him well hydrated without an appetite!
Kent- I'm so glad you're done with your classes this block. Pretty grueling! Good luck with anatomy. Hope you get a corpse that's not too nasty.

Brittney said...

That is so disgusting! I love it. =) I hope Zeb gets feeling better soon! Stomach bugs are the worst!

Deneal said...

Um, thanks for NOT taking and posting pictures. Gross! When it's your kid it's funny, when it's someone else's...just plain nasty. :-)

How nice for you to have such a smiley fellow even when he's exploding. Lucky you!

Unknown said...

i cant believe this kid. he is like ultra angel all the time. you are lucky...i cant wait to see what your next baby is like!

Unknown said...

i cant believe this kid. he is like ultra angel all the time. you are lucky...i cant wait to see what your next baby is like!

M- your favorite said...

That's a pretty funny post! Zeb is silly! He thinks he is so big all ready! That is so cute! Kent way to go with the first block!! You are awesome!!

Steve and Hailey said...

Your child sure takes pictures well! I can't believe it! We are so excited to see him.

Mia said...

The visual is really too much for me to handle, but you laughing about it was quite entertaining.

Michelle said...

Hahaha - that story is just classic. Well done! Zeb, Zeb, Zeb - I just can't stop chuckling about his "smiling like nothing was happening."

I love the "Zeb studying" pictures. Your teaching him young. Hope the final tests all went well, Kent!

Love you!

Michelle said...

PS - are you talking about a REAL, dead body? That seems crazy to me!