Thursday, November 8, 2007

this may be a redo for some of you.

I've been tagged by two people (amie, a month ago, and lindsay n) so I figured I had better respond. I was tagged back in the beginning of our blog so many of the "facts" about me are the same but there are lots of new readers to the blog since then... so happy reading :)

1. I have been in fifteen car accidents. I have never been driving in any of them! The most recent involved a white trash couple (the man had no shirt, only sandals, holey jeans and his pregnant wife with him on a motorcycle. and of course neither had helmets). The worst was when I was thirteen. We were in Idaho at a family reunion and were hit by a drunk driver. Our car rolled, my cousin flew out, and my dad gashed his head so bad we could see his skull.

2. I would rather have a baby (with an epidural of course) than get a cavity filled. I had to be sedated to go to the dentist when I was younger. Having a baby includes gifts, visitors, meals, and a baby.

3. Kent and I have decided that instead of a funeral, the first to die gets turned into a diamond that the living spouse gets to wear! Really. we are serious. It costs about half of a funeral. Our original wish was to keep each others skulls but we can't find any place that will preserve just a human skull...I guess the defleshing/debraining is too intense.

4. I have a small obsession with entertainment news. I check People.com at least once a day to look at photos and read the latest dirt on celebs. They intrigue me (I have NO idea why!).

5. At BYU I did a research project on Urine therapy. For part of the research I drank my own pee for ten straight days. It wasn't bad at all. Urine is very sterile.

6. In college we woke up to find a dead cow in our living room. We were in the newspaper, on CNN, on the news in Idaho and Utah, and even made the Late late show with Craig Kilborne. It was so fun! We have left our legend at Ricks college! People still talk about it regularly up there. I get stopped all the time and people ask "weren't you the girl with the dead cow in her living room at ricks?"

I'll tag Laney, Lindsay D, Jill L, Julie S, Keriann F, and Brittani C. You have to post 6 interesting/unknown facts about yourself and then tag others.

10 comments:

Jeni said...

What?? A Cow in your living room? Ok, explain that one more.

Kent and Leisy said...

in the middle of the night our house was broken into and the frozen cow, found on the side of the road, was placed in our living room. They used our whiteboard and left the message "Gotcha". It was Ricks College Frenzy. We were called into the police station and individually questioned. We were also called into the Dean's office and threatened with expulsion if we didn't tell them who did it!! fortunately for us we REALLY didn't know who had done it. The dean was so rude. She swore at us and accused us of provoking the behavior. She left the room and gave us ten minutes to write down the names of who had done it! we ended up writing down something like 200 names and gave them our ward list! my sis and I went and talked to President Bednar (we had gotten to know him pretty well through other things) and he helped us out of the situation. Luckily he believed that we didn't know who had done it. The boys (who turned out to be in our ward)eventually turned themselves in and were going to get kicked out until we (six hysterical crying girls) went and plead their cases. We were not offended and we didn't think they deserved that sort of punishment. Overall it was crazy, but now is SUCH a great story :)

dockters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dockters said...

holy COW!!!
And 15 car accidents?!?! You must be a magnet for them...and to think that I've been driving with you all this time...yikes!?!?

Megan Erickson said...

ok leisy.. I totally agree with you on #2. I went a couple of weeks ago and after it was all done I said to the dentist "That was worse than delivering a baby!" He didn't know what to say and just kind of laughed it off but I was serious!
Holy cow.. How did they get that thing out of your living room?
Megan

brittani c. said...

Leisy, you and I have a similar addiction patterns with celebrity tabloids...I find myself wasting time on MSN looking at celebrity fashions, who's hooking up with who, who's pregnant, who's in a fight with who, et. al. Hollywood is truly intriguing.

p.s. It will take awhile to get back to your "tagging." I was tagged by the Petersons a few days ago, so I may have to do two different postings. I'll have to think long and hard about unique things about myself. I'm a pretty boring person.
-bwc

Linz said...

That is the strangest story EVER! Wow! I'll get right on mine...

Erin said...

I have had a (gift) subscription to People magazine for 4 years now. I love it and read it immediately as soon as I get it. If we lived closer I would give them to you when I was done instead of throwing them away!

Kent and Leisy said...

erin, i love that you get People! I would have never suspected it :)

Heather said...

I remember that story. I was at Ricks when it happened. It was such a crazy thing. To think that someone would think to do something like that is really funny! My roomates and I spend many days laughing about it.