Saturday, November 24, 2007

day 2 of the festivities

We were going to get up super death early and brave the sales but decided we really just wanted to sleep in! we got up and had breakfast and decided to head over to walmart at about ten. You'll all never believe it but EVERY doorbuster (except the mini 50 dollar dvd player) was STILL AVAILABLE! apparently this is a brand new Walmart and is the only big store in Ashland (no Circuit city, Best Buy, etc) so people just aren't really used to the big day after Thanksgiving sales! We got a much needed new computer for a steal of deal and the Starkeys got a snazzy GPS system. Craigo was so excited to drive back to South Carolina using it :)

Jack and Kathy (Craig's parents) took us on a tour of downtown as well. We even went to the hardware store and Zeb met Santa Claus for the first time. He was enthralled with his beard. He just sat and stared. He kept touching it as well.

Ashland is full of Amish people. I wanted to get a picture but apparently they believe that if you get their picture you are stealing their souls. Amy and I tried to be very inconspicuous about it but just as we were about to get the perfect shot, the man looked right at us! the flash was so bright and it was so obvious what we were doing. We kinda took off and he kept following us around the store. I think he wanted us to delete the picture or something. I know, immature you say, but I really wanted the picture! Amy has it on her camera so she is going to e-mail it to me. I'll post it as soon as I get it. I guess getting pictures of their buggies is fine so I got a few of those without any trouble.

8 comments:

Chris said...

Holy Cow! Ashland was my first area in my mission. Is that Brother Starkey the Chiropractor? That man sure made my time in Ashland better. Great folks there. Miss that place.
The strangest thing about the wal-mart there is that they have horse and buggy parking in the parking lot.

Lucky! I wish i could go back for little visit.

Kent and Leisy said...

yep..it's brother starkey the chiropractor! my cousin married one of their sons. They are a great family! we had such a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Michelle said...

Zeb is SOOO cute with Santa Claus! All of my kids cried within several feet of any Santa. I can't wait to see Zebby!

Horse and buggies ... that seems impossible. Sounds like a peaceful town.

Pat and Brent said...

Zeb looks like he knows this Santa. Reminds me of the time's when we took Kent to see Santa. So much fun to be a Dad. Zeb is really a cute baby. Nice work Kent and Leisy. Love Dad

Pat and Brent said...

I love the total curiosity of little Zebby. He seems mesmorized. He'll make a dandy little scientist.

A horse and buggy parking area? That seems so bizzare. How do they get into the stores without getting in traffic?

Kent and Leisy said...

they just ride their horses an dbuggies along the side of the road. It was so weird to me! I loved it. We want to go down to a full amish town sometime! they have cool little stores and sell all sorts of handmade stuff.

Amy and Craig said...

Hey, who is this Chris guy and how do you know him? inquiring minds(the starkeys) want to know!

Amy and Craig said...

you got your amish picture, only you didn't steal any souls!