Sunday, November 11, 2007

Holiday Parade!

Last night was the Perrysburg (the little township next to us) Stars and Stripes holiday parade. It was a Christmas/Veteran's day parade. The parade was at 4:30 and the tree lighting was at 5:30. It felt so much like a small town function! everybody knew everybody! the local bank was giving out donuts and hot chocolate and the floats threw so much candy that the kids were sick of it and there were leftovers in the streets! It was pretty chilly and some of the parade entries were hysterical! Zeb LOVED the marching band but had a come apart when all of the ambulances and fire trucks came by. He just hates the loud noises accompanied by lights. We parked right on main street and sat on the trunk of our car while we watched the parade. The hill billy truck was one of our favorite entries.


Santa Claus was in attendance and we all sang Christmas Carols around the city tree! It really was kind of fun (even though Christmas songs shouldn't be sung for a few more weeks). We'll definately be making it a tradition to attend :) That's another plus about being so far away from what we are used to. We have been able to start making a lot of our own new traditions!

here are the shots of little Z reacting to the firetrucks and ambulances. He is so dang funny.

10 comments:

Shelly and Ken said...

I can't believe I missed the parade! I was even looking online Friday night to see when it was but couldn't find anything that talked about it. How did you find out about it so I can know for next year? Looks like it was a lot of fun.

dockters said...

Leisy, I can't believe how much Zeb looks like you in the that first picture!! That's so cute! Looks like fun!

Linz said...

He is so cute! What a fun parade!

M- your favorite said...

BLess his HearT!! He is so cute! Looks like a lot of fun! What a fun place to live!

Kari Ann said...

I love fun things like that, any celebrations, traditions, gatherings...I love them!

Michelle said...

Awwwww ... parades'll do that to ya! :) j/k

We always used to be a parade going family. What happened to us? I'm glad you're starting that tradition for your fam.

My kids won't get many parades. :(

Kent and Leisy said...

michelle, I am not a parade lover. the key to this parade is that it's at night, not hot, and pretty dang short!

Anonymous said...

Leisy-

Just found your blog, so cute! You should seriously write a guide to Toledo, you know more about this place than those of us that have been here a while!

Aimee

Larry and Cindy said...

Hi Miller's in Toledo, Leisy you are amazing...I thought I was a find the fun kind of girl (of course I am 56 and losing some of my speed) but you are the QUEEN of finding the fun!!! I really do wish you lived by me cause I would love to go have fun with you but running??? well that's another con-sideration but I can run for about one block. Z is so cute and fun and Kent you ROCK I can't believe how into med school you are and I am so PROUD of you!!! I don't think you and Leisy could be better suited, YOU ARE A PERFECT MATCH. I love that cute baby of yours and you are always in my prayers!!! Love Ya A&F Auntie Cindy!!!

Julie Sacks said...

I'm so jealous that you went, I was looking forward to going but the kid was just too sick! Dang those sick kids! Looks like it was a lot of fun!