Sunday, November 18, 2007

happy shopping!

Last night after Kent's classmate (also our hometeacher) came and gave Kent a much needed haircut (thank you justin!) we decided to go out to Fallen Timbers. I love the place! Outdoor malls during the holidays are the best! There were lights up and it was lightly snowing. It was however slightly bittersweet. We decided to go into the GAP to see if they had any jeans on sale for Z and I got all homesick! and I don't mean for my family or Utah, I mean homesick for the Gap! how pathetic is that? The regular Gap Christmas music was playing and the smell of new clothes floated through the air and I missed it! I LOVE working retail at Christmas time! For me it's what makes Christmas, Christmas! I've worked Christmas Eve the past five years and I've enjoyed every bit of it!! It's going to be so hard to go home and not work! I called Laney to see if she'd talk to my managers about letting me come back for just a week and luckily she talked me out of it. I'll go visit her while she's working and hopefully it will give me my fix.
So, back to Z's jeans! They didn't have any on sale but they certainly did have a plethora of other items! I couldn't believe the prices! Yet another benefit about living outside of Utah. Fewer children means lots more stuff for lots cheaper! normally the sale racks at our Gap at home are picked through and chaotic! Here they are fabulous.
I have posted just a few of our spoils! We got the coat for Zeb for SEVEN dollars! originally priced at 49.50! both pairs of shoes were 2.97, each originally priced at 24.50! Plus we used my gift cards that I bought with my discount way back when so we got an additional 30% off of those prices!!! I even got some halloween costumes for three dollars a piece! I am so pleased with my trip. All in all we made out like banshees. It is so easy to shop for the rugrat. Everything's cute when it's this small.

18 comments:

dockters said...

That coat is adorable!! I love it!! Please, please, please...let's go Monday morning!!

David and Jodee said...

Don't even get me started on how much I miss GAP. Well I don't really miss the awful hours but I love the Christmas cd, the fashion show, the discount, all the fun people. Oh geez I just shed a tear.

Kent and Leisy said...

jodee...I forgot about the fashion show!! here i go again gettting all homesick about it. I love those gap crazies.

Katie and Steve said...

Next time will you please call me and I will throw all the choas in the car and come with you. I love a good deal, especially when its from Gap.
Katie

Julie Sacks said...

Umm... hello to the cute shoes and coat! I should of not come to your blog, it makes me yearn for shopping, bad Julie..bad! I will not go to gap, I will not go to gap!

Pat and Brent said...

Darling coat. Zeb looks so cute in it. The shoes are great. So you got all of it for under $10.00? That is insane. Way to shop. Glad your twin was able to talk you out of working.

Michelle said...

These comments are so great! I especially enjoyed the "bad, Julie ... bad"! Maybe I should practice saying that when I see sales. :)

Erin said...

When you're in graduate school (or medical school), you always have to buy stuff on clearance because you can never afford anything full-price. I love the self satisfaction of paying very little for something that was originally very expensive. Here's to clearance racks!!!

Unknown said...

kami just got a job at the gap. it was inevitable.

Erin said...

Great Deal! We're excited to see you guys soon!

Erin said...

Great Deal! We're excited to see you guys soon!

Linz said...

HAHA! I totally get that you miss working retail at Christmas! I did too, my first year, but TRUST me... I'm now 6 years off the retail market and I DON'T miss it at ALL anymore (in fact I boycott any shopping on the day after Thanksgiving - Black Friday, you know.) It gets better!

Anyway - good deals!

Susanna said...

I am so super jelous that you got that many cute things at the gap for such little money. I don't even allow myself to go into that store because I know I will want everything.
Little Zeb is so adorable, there is nothing sweeter that a sleeping baby, well, maybe a laughing one!

Deneal said...

We'll start referring to you in our home as The Gapaholic.

Cheri J. Meiners, M. Ed. said...

Zeb is darling in that coat! Even more fun that you got a bargain on it.

Anonymous said...

I can't even tell you how jealous I am of those deals. Finding cute cheap Gap stuff gives me a serious high. That coat is so cute! Zebby is a DOLL.

Breanne said...

Those are the cutest clothes! I love shopping for kids (it gets me in trouble though) Especially having a girl, she has more clothes then I do!!

Steve and Hailey said...

You really don't deserve another comment because you already have SEVENTEEN! You are a greedy blogger! Oh well, your deals make me sick!!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous.