Wednesday, October 31, 2007

CHIPOTLE CHIPOTLE CHIPOTLE


Okay, so wonderful cyndi (she's another of my favorites in the ward) called me tonight and said "I was trying to figure out who I knew that would do something crazy with me to get free stuff and I thought of you". On Halloween if you dress up like a burrito and go to Chipotle you'll get anything on the menu for free!! Chipotle is kind of like the Toledo Cafe Rio. I actually liked the burritos better here even.

So, off we went with the Ericksens (dressed kind of like burritos...notice the tortillas and lettuce on us) to get free dinner! It was so much dang fun. Tons of people were coming in not knowing about the special deal so we made their days and gave them some of our tinfoil and whatnot to wear. Really if you had anything resembling a costume or tin foil, they'd give you free food. I bet we got free dinner for ten people (including a man dressed as a terrorist with a gun)!! It was so great and the food was astoundingly delicious. These types of things give me anxiety...I want everybody to know about it so they can get free burritos as well! I tried to get a hold of everyone in the ward whose phone numbers I have in my phone! I wasn't as successful as I would have liked, but oh well. Apparently they do this every Halloween so we'll be headed back next year for sure!

Enjoy the pictures! even Zeb got free food. He was our baby burrito.

The other family pictured is Cyndi and her family! Her husband was my MTC teacher! Thank heavens he doesn't remember me all that well. I got into some big trouble with him a few times (really).

12 comments:

Jodee Luke said...

Wisconsin people love their Chipotle too! I'm impressed that you did that....I received an e-mail about how you take your little kiddo dressed up and they'll give you free stuff. I setteled for a bowl of cereal at home. lame.

Pat and Brent said...

How fun. Looks like good food. Love the little burrito baby.

Deneal said...

Love the creativity, you guys make great burritos. Better watch out or they will hire you to stand on the corner with a big arrow.

Shelly and Ken said...

Fun! Ken loves Chipotle. We are totally there next year. Free food...I'm all over that.

kenna said...

Ship me some of that food. I need to do a taste test with Cafe Rio.

Michelle said...

That's funny, you guys! Great tinfoil, lettuce, tortilla look! Free food is always a bonus. I can't believe they do that! Did you end up buying anything ... or was it all free? Amazing.

Unknown said...

THE LINE WAS WAY TOO LONG OUT HERE

Kari Ann said...

That is awesome! I wish you were my neighbor and we could play all the time. I can just picture you getting excited about first dressing up and then about free food. I can also see you calling everyone you know and getting everyone else in the restaurant free food too. Like I said can we live next door to each other?

Kent and Leisy said...

jess... the lines here were so short we went back for seconds at nine!! I'm telling you, people in Toledo don't really get excited about stuff so we get to cash in on everything good!
kari ann...I would die if you were my neighbor. we would have so much fun it would be ridiculous!!!

Lyndsay said...

Love zeb's face in the first pic you posted. Aw, a cute burrito fam!

Larry and Cindy said...

Kent, Leisy, & Zeb, I wish I were your neighbor too. You are such a cute fun family!!! I love how Zeb helps his Daddy study...so...so...so...cute. I would have gone for free food too. As we have for the last 4 or 5 years we went to trunk or treating as Shrek & Fiona and we were given an 8 foot blow up Shrek which was quite a feat getting to the church because he is gianormous!!! Fun was had by all. We sure miss you guys but I love the blogging thing. It keep us close. We went to Maui and I then went to CA. for an Arbonne Seminar (right near the fires) Anahiem. so we didn't blog for a while but we have new stuff on there now so keep in touch!!! LOVE YA TONS L&C

Mia said...

If only I had have known...we have Chipotles all over in the PHX area.