Friday, October 12, 2007

one more thing I love about Ohio.

The picture is bad, its a cell phone pic, but it gets the point across. When we first got here we saw these bright yellow license plates on random vehicles. I wondered what they were and found out that they are placed on cars that are pulled over with drunk drivers. What a wonderful idea! It causes me to be a little judgemental, but I guess thats the point, right? Be more aware and cautious around the drivers, they have been convicted of more than one DUI offense. It makes sense to me! I have been quite surprised to see just how many of them there are around here. I think that it would be a great idea in any state. I say they make them bright pink or purple though.

3 comments:

Desta said...

Oh no, it's a Gillice lurking around your blog. I HAD to comment on this post because Ohio's DUI license plates are the SAME colors as a regular New Mexico plate. Now there's a state with a DUI problem. Seriously, I lost a friend in high school. Maybe the government is just sending subliminal messages. Or maybe they're just cutting out the middle mad. Whatever. Too strange of a coincidence.

Deneal said...

I think the drunk driving plates are a brilliant idea. Here in Fiji we think all the rental cars have bright yellow plates. I'm not exactly sure why, maybe because they drive on the left side of the street and the rental cars will point out crazy tourists and foreigners who can't stay on the correct side of the street!

Anonymous said...

Most Ohioans refer to them as "party plates". Party too much and you get the badge of shame. Yet another reason to love Ohio!