Sunday, October 7, 2007

Conference / Test Weekend

My third test will be tomorrow. I planned to wake up early on Saturday and study through the first session of conference. I made the mistake of using Zeb as my alarm clock because he always wakes up at seven. I woke up before him at 8:15. I studied for a bit and then Leisy really wanted to go to the super-stupendous-amazing-absolutley-crazy-grand opening-door buster-sale of the century at the new mall. (She really just wanted me to stop studying and be with her for a few hours). When we got to the mall they were handing out these little cards with scratch off circles that you could redeem for prizes. I won a $20 gift card! Wahoo! I guess Leisy scratched 23 of these little cards when she went with the girls and didn't win ANYTHING! I can't decide where to use it - P.F. Changs, Red Robin, a new pair of pants? I'll probably go for the food! It was nice to take a break and stroll around in shorts and a t-shirt. Couldn't do that in Utah this weekend - the temperature difference between us and Utah: 50 degrees!! It has been so hot here! The beautiful fall weather we were enjoying left and summer has returned. It has not felt like October at all! By this time tomorrow the test will be over and I will not be so distracted! This weekend should have been dedicated to the library - but hey, I won $20!

2 comments:

tiffany said...

congrats on the $20 our deseret book had ladies night during the priesthood session the had some raffels they gave away cd's and differnt stuff the big give away was a picture of the las vegas temple we were told that it was a huge picture my mom told me to fill the thing out so i told her "hell no" (keep in mind we were around lds women and im a loud person most of the time when i talk) i live in a condo that is barley over 600 square feet so where would i put a huge picture we didnt have to be present for that raffel a couple hours later i gat a call that i didnt answer they left a message and i won the picture of the temple. dont know how big it is yet i find out when i pick it up tomarrow.

Michelle said...

Tiffany - that is SUCH a hilarious story!! I enjoyed every moment of it! I bet your Mom is just estatic about the temple picture! You are so cute!

Kent - best wishes on your test tomorrow! I'm glad you had fun shopping.