Wednesday, October 17, 2007

yesterday was the first day I haven't posted anything in quite sometime! I just kept putting it off and then got home at 11:30 from book group and was just too pooped to blog. I know, I know, too pooped to blog you question? maybe I'm not as obsessed as I profess to be.

At book club we read Uglies. It's a book I read initially when I was teaching at Orem Junior. It's in a series of three and I like the first book far more than the others, but I finished them all. I'd recommend them for a fast read. Book club is one of my favorite activites. We meet once a month and just talk...very little about the books we read! last night went pretty late but luckily little zeb goes to sleep when I leave and Kent gets extra studying in :) I don't feel as bad leaving cause I know kent is busy! I need more books to read though! If anybody has any suggestions, please send them my way.


and in response to many of your questions/comments regarding the little rugrat, he really is nearly perfect, honestly. the kid smiles and giggles at himself he's so happy! sure, we make faces at him and make all sorts of weird sounds at him, but if you just crack half a smile at him he smiles back and gets so excited he shakes. In the last set of pictures (with the tie) we think he was so happy cause he didn't have any clothes on. He's a happy naked baby. I'll try to get a nasty picture of him! I do have that same "ugly baby" fear that my sister has though so I am very particular about the pictures that I post. I'm not one of those moms that will just post any picture of my baby. He lives so far away from most of my blog readers that I need to post the very best pictures that I have of him!

Россия
yesterday at school Kent had a fun little adventure. They have started patient practice sessions now and each week he meets with patients and deals with certain prediciments, scenarios, etc that he may find later as a doctor. It's very similar to the TRC at the MTC. They go in and are recorded and/or watched and then they get feedback on how well they work with patients and whatnot. Yesterday he went in and was told that his patient didn't speak English and that he would be working through a translator. When he got his patient form he realized that her name was Cvetlana! She was Russian! He said the look on her face was priceless when he started speaking Russian to her. He obviously still needed the help of the translator for much of the conversation regarding her "health problem" but they gave him rave reviews for his performance!

7 comments:

taylor and laney said...

incredible! that russian will always come in handy. i mean leta be honest kent, it is why you were accepted to med school.

Kent and Leisy said...

yep. russian saves him once again!

Anonymous said...

I remember that very station. As I walked up I thought please, please, please be Spanish......nope wasn't Spanish. I'm sure it's the same girl too. Nice work with the Russian and I think she comes up again in 3rd year Medicine OSCE.

Zak said...

good job Kenny.

Pat and Brent said...

Way to go Kent. Maybe you'll get a
Swedish patient to tell you she needs to pee. You'll do great with that one.

Could there be a bad picture of Zeb? I think not. He's too dang cute.

Michelle said...

Hear, hear ... Mom! - about Zeb. That Swedish pee comment made me ... well, pee my pants. :) Hilarious!

Thanks for sharing Kent's Russian patient experience, Leisy. It made me cry. I'm so dang proud of Kent! He's going to be such a good doctor.

I have "The Uglies" on hold at the library. I'm excited to read it. I have absolutely LOVED the Shannon Hale books. I'm still waiting for Enna Burning and Austenland. I have really enjoyed the "Out of Jerusalem" series by H.B. Moore. They're shorter than most. Very good.

Love ya!

Unknown said...

Hey check out my blog list of books and if you want one of them I'll send it to you.

The Rogue Tooth Fairy book was kind of fun. Daysa has finished Extras--do you want her to send that?

Give Zebber loves from Nannie Annie.