Thursday, October 18, 2007

Today at the Doctor

Zeb had his four month check-up today (just a little bit late). He wowed the doctors with his charisma and charm. Almost immediately after the doctor asked if he could roll over, he did so! and then looked right at her and smiled. He absolutely loves his stomach and won't stay on his back for anything. He giggled, showed off his teeth, and did everything right on. We've deducted that he is happiest when completely naked (totally takes after his dad).

He weighed in at 15 pounds and 4 ounces, is 25.25 inches tall, and has a 42 cm diameter head. He is almost exactly fifty percent in everything. They told us he is perfect and quite precocious. Okay, not in so many words, but it's what they meant :)

The shots, of course, were torture. He simply isn't a crying baby so when the screamings, wailings, and gnashings of teeth come out I just don't know what to do! luckily he is a very easily consoled baby and he calmed down almost instantly after picking him up.

I've posted some before, after, and now shots of the little rugrat. Notice the "before" happy shots are with me! the sad "after" are with kent, and the "now" are with tigger and his blanket (so desperately clutched in hand)!


6 comments:

Kari Ann said...

Sad, that really is the worst! I always left the room so he wouldn't think that I had anything to do with it, but then I kinda felt like I was abandoning him. You can't win with the shots.

Kari Ann said...

P.S. my husbands name is Brian, but the 'kari ann and husband' is pretty funny so whatever.

Linz said...

I hate when the kids have to get shots! NO FUN!! He is a cutie and I am glad he is perfect in every way (which I know is exactly what the doctor meant!)

Pat and Brent said...

Poor Zeb. Thank heavens the shots only hurt a little while. It's nice he can be comforted quickly.
He is a perfect baby and a budding genious I am sure!

Amie said...

Leisy, I am so glad you found my blog. It is so fun to be able to keep up on these things. We are still in Utah, we are in northern Utah. Your little boy is SO cute. Isn't motherhood the best. I am sure your mom and Laney are sad about you being so far away but it sounds like a fun adventure your three are on. By the way you have been tagged. I am sorry for doing it, I hate these things but I figured I would be a good sport.

Rachael said...

Carver had shots today - it must be in the air. It doesn't get better with age, let me tell you. They just get bigger. Even Lydia's 5 year kindergarten shots were hard. I prepped her and told her not to cry (some mom I am!) and then come to find that the MMR one really hurts. Oops! I guess crying was inevitable.