Sunday, October 21, 2007

pumpkin carving party

This weekend was the quite the adventurous one! we attended a pumpkin carving party thrown by Kirsten and Kyle and hosted at Jake and Jenny's place! They have quite the party apartment and I was very surprised to see how many people fit comfortably with their pumpkins and lots of knives! Zeb was pretty pooped and slept through many of the festivities. He was really interested in getting the pumpkin guts into his mouth. He has turned into a scavenger. Anything within rolling distance is fair game for his mouth (and if he gets your fingers it KILLS! his teeth are razor sharp). We didn't get a picture of our finished product until we got home! So here I am posing with "Happy Hal".

Kent is our pumpkin connoissuer and did the carving honors.

I can't wait until next week for our "stew in a pumpkin"! It will be sad to miss out on the tradition with everybody at home! Thankfully we won't have anyone (mom!) trying to scrape pumpkin side guts into our stew this year though!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute pumpkin! Good job!

Ethan's a scavenger too. Sounds like the two of them could share some "I Spy" carpet adventures together. :)

Steve and Hailey said...

Great carving! I think my pumpkin looks better before I take a knife to it. Do you guys just play and play? I think I want your life!

Kent and Leisy said...

hailey... I certainly do party a lot, I will admit it :) kent has to work pretty hard though! I think I lucked out on this whole deal. so far the mom thing is much easier and far more fun than I ever imagined it being. Med school seems a little intense. luckily I married a boy who loves to study and go to school!?!? crazy crazy kent.

Pat and Brent said...

I'm glad Kent gets some partying in as well. You guys do seem to have a magical life. I'm so glad. Love you so much!