Monday, October 1, 2007

the sisters!


We had the sisters over for dinner again last night! It's great to be able to have missionaries over so regularly. Sisters Clive and Tycksen are wonderful. I told them we'd put them on our blog and make them famous! They are hard workers and super friendly. I am convinced that they don't send any weirdo or funny looking sisters to visitor center missons! These sisters will spend at least some part of their missions in Kirtland doing church history sites.
I love being able to go out and work with the missionaries here. It is so much fun to go out with them...it really makes me miss being a full-time missionary. It also makes me really NOT miss being a missionary, it is such hard hard work.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

I actually heard that if you get called to a visitor's center you should be flattered because they only send the beautiful ones!

Tanner Mills said...

so...if i came to visit would you invite the sisters over for dinner again?

brittani c. said...

The comment that Jeni made is all too familiar to me. I heard it ALL the time while I was in the MTC. Basically we're supposed to be "visual aides" while we're serving at the Visitors' Center...which is why I wanted to serve all the way over in Africa and live in a hut. You don't have to wear makeup and blazers in Africa. But don't let that make you think it was an easy mission. Oh no. Door-to-door tracting was tons easier than spending a full day doing tours. Food for thought. -Brittani